Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir
Office Manager Job Description
20 hours per week - M-W-F, $20 hour
The Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir is seeking a part-time Office Manager who has a love for the arts and will work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Production Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage office communications, including phone, email, and mail
- Track donations and generate donor correspondence letters in support of donor relations
- Copywriting and editing
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Basic bookkeeping using QuickBooks nonprofit edition
- Maintain FileMaker Pro database
- Assist with public relations
- Assist with and attend OIGC produced events
- Assist with grant proposal preparation and reporting
- Fulfill and ship online merchandise sales
- Photocopying and filing
- Ticket order processing for large events
- Coordinate and attend annual choir auditions
- Process individual choir member requests such as uniforms, carpools, repertoire etc.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office, FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks, proficiency on PC and Mac
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of personalities
A plus if you have:
- Graphic design skills
- Grant writing experience
- Event/production skills
- Experience in non-profit arts administration
Mission Statement: The mission of the Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choirs is to inspire joy and unity among all people through black gospel and spiritual music traditions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
The Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir is an equal-opportunity employer. www.oigc.org