The Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir is seeking a part-time Office Manager who has a love for the arts. The Office Manager will work in collaboration with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Production Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing office communications, including phone, email, and mail
- Tracking donations and generate donor correspondence letters in support of donor relations
- Copywriting and editing
- Maintaining office supply inventory
- Basic bookkeeping using QuickBooks nonprofit edition
- Maintaining FileMaker Pro database
- Assisting with public relations
- Assisting with and attending OIGC-produced events
- Assisting with grant proposal preparation and reporting
- Fulfilling and shipping online merchandise sales
- Photocopying and filing
- Ticket order processing for large events
- Coordinating and attending annual choir auditions
- Processing individual choir member requests such as uniforms, carpools, repertoire etc.
Ability to lift at least 20 lbs. is required
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office, FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks, proficiency on PC and Mac
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of personalities
A plus if you have:
- Graphic design skills
- Grant writing experience
- Event/production skills
- Experience in nonprofit arts administration
20-25 hours per week, M-W-F, DOE hourly
Mission statement: The mission of the Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choirs is to inspire joy and unity among all people through black gospel and spiritual music traditions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and references by e-mail to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
The Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir is an equal-opportunity employer.